SciPy

Donations

Support SciPy development

SciPy will always be 100% open source software, free for all to use and released under the liberal terms of the modified BSD license. While we have a large number of contributors who volunteer their time to improve SciPy, financial resources are needed to run the project and accelerate its development. If you have found SciPy to be useful in your work, research or company, please consider making a donation to the project commensurate with your resources. Any amount helps!

If you are interested in donating to the project you can use the Paypal button below or the NumFOCUS Donations Page (if you use the latter, please indicate that you are donating to the Scipy project). All donations will be used strictly to fund SciPy development, by supporting activities such as developer sprints, documentation and maintenance work, and paying for hosting costs of servers and build slaves.


Our donations are managed by the NumFOCUS foundation, which passes >=96% of your contribution to the SciPy project, and provides the SciPy development team with basic administrative and legal services for the other 4%. NumFOCUS is a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation, so if you are subject to US Tax law, your contributions will be tax-deductible.

Infrastructure / non-financial support

The SciPy development team would like to thank the following companies and organizations for providing services and development infrastructure:

  • Enthought: scipy.org and mailing lists hosting, holding the SciPy trademark
  • Github: code hosting and development workflow platform
  • Travis CI: continuous integration service
  • SourceForge: hosting released sources and installers
  • Intel: Intel MKL licenses
  • NumFOCUS: hosted Mac Mini build machine

Donors

The SciPy development team would like to thank the following donors for their contributions. Donors are listed in descending order using an algorithm that takes into account both the amount and age of the donation. This list is current as of 7 Dec 2013:

  • Google Summer of Code